Thursday, February 19, 2009





Yesterday morning I had my monthly check-up. Jim was so excited to have the day off, so he would be there to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time. I actually heard it on January 23rd for the first time, but daddy was flying on a trip. Every visit and every time we are able to listen to that FAST little swoosh it is so special!


According to my doctor, baby and mama are growing perfectly! Seven pounds perfectly, so far! ;) I can't believe four months have gone this fast. I can't believe i will be 17 weeks tomorrow. I can't wait to post BIG news tomorrow too!

I was definitely looking forward to an evening out with friends last night too. Most of us met for dinner, and then saw the show Oliver. You know the beloved family musical that tells the tale of a young orphan boy in London in the mid-1800's.
I really had high hopes and was looking forward to this show, especially because i never read the novel. Unfortunately it wasn't as good as i had hoped , but the company was way better!

Me, Sara, Margie, Laurie, Becky, and Kellie. We missed you Amy!!!

For those who didn't know, I was asked to go in my friend Amy's place.
She had a ticket, but was unable to attend because she was at CHOP (Children's Hospital of Philadelphia) with her little girl Brooke. Brooke is one of greyson's very best friends (since around the age of 18 months old). Here is a few pictures of them. The first is their very first day of pre school, the second is on Brooke's third birthday. Brooke was barefoot because we had just arrived at the party and she jumped out of the bounce house to come greet greyson. It was such a fun day. Brooke was having stem cells taken today to be harvested and used later for her bone marrow transplant.
Please take a moment and visit brooke's caring bridge website: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/brookemulford
She and her family could really use your thoughts and prayers. Brooke is four years old and was recently diagnosed with stage 4 Neuroblastoma Cancer. She will be starting her third round of chemo next week hopefully. Her mommy and daddy SO appreciated your kind words of encouragement on their guestbook.

2 comments:

Kendra said...

Girl you are SO tiny!!! Are you sure you are 17 weeks?! Because that's smaller than what my waistline is on a normal day, and after 3 Tag-a-longs last night...forgetaboutit.

Will be praying for sweet little Brooke. I can not imagine what she and her family must be going through...but I do know we serve a God of MIRACLES, so I will be praying!!!!

Trina said...

Hi Tara! What a cute preggo person you are!

So, boy or girl? Do you know yet?